Garage doors come in a range of styles and opening mechanisms, and choosing the right option is essential for maintaining or improving your property’s kerb appeal. As one of the most prominent areas of your property, it’s a decision worthy of research. However, appearance isn’t the only thing to consider – you also want convenience, security and durability. We offer a wide selection of high-quality garage doors to choose from – here are the benefits each offers for your home.
Sectional doors are made up of panels and move vertically and then backwards under the ceiling when opened. They’re ideal for maximising space inside the garage, as well as in the front, and can be insulated.
- Offers a strong seal against the weather
- Can be manual or electronically operated
- Provides excellent security and strength
- Well-engineered design that looks stylish for your property
- Well-suited to short driveways or garages requiring maximum internal space for vehicles
- Impressive levels of insulation
- Available in larger dimensions for bigger garages
- Models available with glazed windows for additional light
Up and over garage doors have a one-piece design, which lifts from the bottom and either slides out of the way below the ceiling of the garage or creates a canopy at the front. It’s a classic style that provides a space-saving solution.
- Since it’s a one-piece design, it’s quick and easy to install
- Can be installed as a manual or electric door, depending on your requirements
- Comes in a wide range of materials, colours and styles to suit the aesthetic of your property
- Two forms of opening mechanism – canopy or retractable
- Security Rated options available
With a wide range of surface finishes and colours to choose from, steel doors are durable and strong, as well as versatile in terms of insulation options.
- Low maintenance with the right finish or coating
- Can be insulated for greater energy efficiency
- High level of security
Roller doors open vertically but curl up into a roll above the opening rather than moving back into the ceiling. They are best suited to garages with limited headroom but without compromising on insulation or security. It’s a versatile option as it can be fitted inside, between or outside the garage opening.
- Vertical operation
- Easy to install
- Delivers a high level of security, particularly when paired with suitable locking mechanisms
- Can be manual or automated, depending on your preference
- Provides good insulation qualities
- Space-saving design that’s ideal for smaller garages
- Security Rated options available
Composite GRP doors can suit a variety of property styles and provide a low-maintenance solution for your home or business.
- Traditional and contemporary
- Long lifespan that provides a great return on investment
- Wide range of designs and colours to choose from
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
Aesthetically pleasing, wooden doors have a traditional look and are a classic option for garage doors.
- Easy to repair
- Works with manual or automated operating systems
- Naturally soundproof
Automated garage doors are popular for the level of convenience they provide. They also offer a higher level of security than manual doors.
- Greater level of convenience, with remote control opening
- Ideal for larger garages where moving a manual door can be tough
- High level of security, with no locks that can be picked or damaged
- Easy to maintain
- Wide range of styles to choose from, from sectional to up and over
If you’d like advice about the right type of garage door for your property and budget, contact us today and we will be happy to help.